Pass Labs XP-10 & XP-20 preamps

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has heard the new Pass Labs preamps: the XP-10 & the XP-20? I wonder how they would compare to the Jeff Rowland Capri preamp? Thank you. Stan
talon4
Still, the bass was over prodigious, while the mids and highs were some of the best from solid state I have heard.
Muralman1 (System | Threads | Answers)
Components in high end audio do not work the same together from an electrical standpoint, and none of us have the same systems.

Therefore, I believe what we hear in our individual systems with our unique-to-us component and speaker mixtures can not necessarily be applied universally.

For example, what Muralman1 heard in his system with over prodigious bass might not have been the same were he to have listened with just one additional different element in the system, whether it was speakers, amplifiers or source.
When will the XP-20 be released? That pre should be bad-ass (in a good way). I still regret selling me X-1...
Tvad, at one time, my system was intact, with the Pass preamp inserted in place of the Fire preamp. Another time the preamp and amps were switched to Pass. The H2O's dampening is 2000. The no feedback X-600.5 has a damping factor of 250. That would account for the bass bloat. Again the speakers are pigs to run, and only my amps can do it well.

Listening to all the best, the XA. 100.5 monos, and the X-600.5 amps doing bass, the result was more reasonable. That is because the magnetic field of the Apogee Full range is so much stronger. These Full Ranges

These speakers can go to deafening levels. Thanks to the XA being class A, the sound never got objectionable. The dynamics, body, and size the FRs put out a frightfully real stage.

Yes I am going to toot my horn again, and say, with no doubt whatsoever my system H2O/Scintilla has it all over the Pass/Full Range in reality. What I could get out of Full Ranges....... mmmm hmmmm.
Muralman1, there is no question whatsoever that you prefer your system to all others. Every reader here understands this.

Perhaps with different speakers, the over prodigious bass that you found less than ideal would not have been present.

My point is not to criticize your choices or your preferences, but is simply to highlight that the Pass preamp will undoubtedly produce varying results depending on the accompanying electronics and speakers. The Pass is not unique in this regard. The same applies to every other preamp made.

One should not assume that prodigious bass, out of balance with the rest of the frequency range (over prodigious as you put it), would follow in all other systems, although it would in some and not in others. Also, it's reasonable to assume there are listeners who would prefer prodigious bass.