Best sounding Krell ?

Let's say I had $4k for a power amp. and was looking at used Krell power amps. Which Krell would you consider the best sounding of all the different models in the last 10 years? Of course this is all subjective but based on midrange, bass and all the other attributes we audiophools crave.
128x128audiogabby
Shadorne: Very interesting, and when I close my ears and use only my eyes what I envision is you on a stage performing to this script wearing a type of costume not unlike that found on two particular fellows found in a standard deck of Bicycle playing cards. Just be sure to wear your armored codpiece.
Steve,

LOL. Yes - glad you get the picture! It does me good not to be taken too seriously.

More seriously - is it true that the Krell do not use Op-amps? Wow that is some serious cost - most line level devices (pre-amps and input stages of power amps) would all use op amps even if they were mounted discretely (no chip packages). That would explain serious cost of a product built that way...Krell build quality! Anyway I doubt they could do this except on their top of the line...
My favorite Krell's were/are the KMA 160's and the KMA 400's. They may be considered old by some, but IMHO they are the epitome of classic Krell's and are still competitive. With all due respect to Mr. D'agostino, I don't believe the intergrateds and KAV series deserve to wear the Krell logo.
To respectfully counter Unsound's assertion, and as a happy owner of both FPB and KAV series components, I do believe, no, correct that, I am certain that the KAV series deserves to wear the Krell logo. The KAV series underscores how Krell HAS kept apace with current trends in the industry while maintaining integrity and audible "vision" to the current and future needs of its customers.

And I know an op-amp when I see one, and I don't see them here.

So Audiogabby: how are you doing with all this discussion? Are you any closer to the answers you seek?
The KAV series is extremely deserving when utilized properly. I am getting some of the best sound I've ever had from my 400xi and SACD std V3 and I've even owned the Evo kit! The problem is that entry level components are rarely cabled properly or given appropriate PC's. I'd put the krell 400xi up against just about anything out there. I love the little bastard.