Spectron Musician III - Can anyone comment on it?

I am currently on the hunt for a pair of amplifiers that have massive peak power capability with excellent micro dynamics and neutral presentation. I am driving a pair of Martin Logan Statement E2's

The Spectron Musician has been reviewed exceptionally well everywhere I looked and seems to fit the bill but I just can't get over 25 years of snobbery telling me to avoid switching amps because linear amps just sound better and, hey, the name on the faceplate ain't Krell or Mark Levinson!

Can I PLEASE get a few people with experience listening to these amps tell me why I should or shouldn't buy them?

I desperately want to buy a pair of the BAT VK-600SE's since I own mostly all BAT equipment but to produce, say, 110db peaks one would comfortably need several thousands watts of power in the bucket to meet the challenge. I don't think the BAT amps have that under the hood.

Advice?
sashua
I think Don Shaulis addresses almost (no Bybees) that exact issue in his StereoTimes review. I could be mistaken but I think he surmised that stock monoblocks are a better sound than a heavily optioned stereo amp.

A quote:
The MK2 with V-Caps clearly bested the SE in smoothness, low and mid bass (upright bass, guitar, and piano) definition and midrange weight. Vocals were silkier and pianos had more sparkle and authenticity. Violins were less strident. I would call it a toss up with respect to dynamics and drums. The latter was a hard comparison to make since after listening to the monoblocks, the stereo amplifiers were found wanting.
Thanks Ted,

Well, he got kind of close - compared a Mk 2 with VCaps by itself vs. in monoblocks. Then compared that new MK2 with VCaps to an old SE in stereo.

What I was hoping for (and I realize this is a very specific not very realistic hope), is a stock MK2 in monoblocks vs. a fully optioned Mk2 (VCaps and Bybees) in stereo. It's a question of those two different kinds of improvements against the relative cost (for me anyway). Regardless, I appreciate you pointing me to that quote!!
You're right, sorry. Those monoblocks are not stock; they had Vcaps. My monos are stock, and most whom I've chatted with say going mono is a wayyyy bigger improvement than the stereo Vcap or Bybee upgrade....ymmv. For me, going from a stock Mk2 to stock mono Mk2's was huge, but I've yet to hear from anyone who commented on their stereo vcap and/or Bybee upgrade only.
Hi Ted,

Thanks for the bottom line on those conversations. It looks like I'll have to go for the monos. I just loved the description of the Bybee upgrade - palpable, best tube attributes, etc. But hey, we all reach our limits. Bybee's can later be put elsewhere in the system. I've seen the concept of inverting distortion and having it cancel itself out before inside of dual mono amplifiers - it looks like Spectron accomplishes this at the speaker. If so, it makes sense that the mono benefits would go beyond one amp with any upgrades, as those distortions are there, but just less with various upgrades. Thanks again!
Hello Chicago-phile,

Be patient. If you can reach monoblocks the grab it. Later on if you have a good dealer you will be able to upgrade to Bybees - its low labor cost so it should not be ezxtremely expenseve Regarding v-caps - ask Simon Thacher of Spectron (818.435.2090) to help you to find substitute for V-cap by off-shelf inexpesnive tweaks, he knows this amp in and out and you will almost get to monoblocks with upgrades.

All The Best
Rafael