Spectron Musician III - Can anyone comment on it?

I am currently on the hunt for a pair of amplifiers that have massive peak power capability with excellent micro dynamics and neutral presentation. I am driving a pair of Martin Logan Statement E2's

The Spectron Musician has been reviewed exceptionally well everywhere I looked and seems to fit the bill but I just can't get over 25 years of snobbery telling me to avoid switching amps because linear amps just sound better and, hey, the name on the faceplate ain't Krell or Mark Levinson!

Can I PLEASE get a few people with experience listening to these amps tell me why I should or shouldn't buy them?

I desperately want to buy a pair of the BAT VK-600SE's since I own mostly all BAT equipment but to produce, say, 110db peaks one would comfortably need several thousands watts of power in the bucket to meet the challenge. I don't think the BAT amps have that under the hood.

Advice?
sashua
Hey guys,

Thanks very much for the thoughts. It looks like I'm going with the basic Mk 2 (no upgrades), but monoblocks. Will report back when everything has run in and settled a bit!

Rydenfan, thanks for the notice of yours, but I want to get these two together.
FWIW, I will be listening to the stock SE MK II this week in my system. I will be using it to drive the woofers of a pair of Emerald Physics CS2's.

For the past few months, that task has been handled (very well I might add) by a pair of Atma-Sphere MA-1 amps.

Should be interesting to see how the two compare.

George
Dev, Believe it or not I am currently using Gallo 3.1's. I know, all of you are shaking your heads...all that expensive front end equpment for $3000 dollar speakers, but I actually love 'em. I am actually looking into the Wilson Sophia's but I am not in any big hurry. If and when I get new speakers they have to have a small footprint.

I am currently using a Pioneer receiver as a pre-amp. Quite an upgrade, huh? I know, more money than sense.
Hello Zybar,

Please share the results: It seems to be very interesting because Simon Thacher from Spectron published a paper (http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/manufacture/0708/index.html) where he wrote that the ONLY competitor to Spectron amps is OTL (not for all speakers) and OTL even has some advantages over Spectron....

Are your borrowing your Spectron from the friend or dealer - I am asking because I heard that late Spectrons do have some new stuff in them.
(some dealers keep their samples years and years...)
All The Best
Rafael
Hi Zybar, is this a second system or did you replace your Vandy 5A's with these. You were using a Moscode amp at one time also right. Look foward to your thoughts but I have heard and read from others mono blocks are the way to go and a substantial leap sonic wise above using a single amp.

Bostonbean, yep I will be the first to admit you got me scratching my head but hey as long as you are enjoying listening to music in the end that's what is all about.