Integrated amp for Totem Sttaff

Hello all. I am new to the site but have been ravenously reading reviews and posts the last few weeks. I am in the proccess of replacing my 20 year old Boston A 400's with the Sttafs....Now my dilemma.I am currently running a Denon 2106 and have found a helpful dealer selling...Naim, Creek, Sim, Cambridge, Arcam. I am seriously considering jumping in the deep end of the audio pool and get a new power source as well to match....My problem..The dealer is a 3 hr drive away so auditioning the Totems and the matching amps is possible, im hoping your experince may help me have a better starting point if im to drive that far....I know other brands are out there, but I dont have access to viewing them, let alone buying them. Im hoping $ 1,500 cdn will put me in a good spot to get the most from the Totems...Thanks in advance.
mxwizard
MxWizard,

Thanks for providing us with a bit of insight on how you intend on using the Sttaf. First things first; the room you describe is not the most ideal space for the Sttaf. What this particular speaker needs to sound its best is a small room that is completely closed off. Unless you plan on sitting 6ft or so away from the loudspeakers and will have the space to experiment with precise placement - I would recommend you go with the Rainmakers instead.

The Rainmakers are less critical on room and associated electronics, and are, subsequently, can be a more viable option. If you wish to support your dealer, I'd ask him to show you the Sim Audio MOON CD-1 cd-player, and the accompanying MOON I-1 integrated. Or, if you have a bit more cash to burn, the NAIM CD5v2 CD player and the matching Nait5i v2 integrated.

As said many times above; Totem loudspeakers can sounds real good on tube gear. I've run through the gamut of goods on Totem.. ranging from Prima Luna, Jolida, Antique Sound Labs, etc.. so far, the best match I've found is the Vista Audio I-84. This little $730 15wpc integrated has a lot of kick, and makes for a superb match with Totem's - the Sttaf in particular.

Moving up the money chain a bit; The Unison Research Unico and the Blue Circle Audio NSCS (no longer in production) hybrid integrated amplifiers also make for a superb match.

Good luck !

I had an NSCS with my Totem Forests and it is the best sound I've had in my system. The trick in that one is a mix of the

@Rumadian
The NSCS is SS, not hybrid.
Bluecirclehead, Thanks for the correction. Apparently, I got the DAR and the NSCS mixed up in my head. Doh! No matter, both are fantastic in their own right.
[finishing the comment...a mix of the...]
...capacitance (+100,000mF) and driving both + and - outs.

I sold mine and deeply regret it. I'll have to buy a DAR then :)
Well its official...I ordered my Totem Sttaf's today.The dealer has business in the city i live in and will bring the Totems with him..Now thats customer service. As far as a new amp...well the jury is still out on that for now, but he does have a demo Sim I3 that tweeked me...Thanks again for all the opinions, so i'll let you know what comes up later..