What is the proper way to dispose of old tubes?

Are tubes considered hazardous waste? Do they require special handling to dispose of properly? Or are they just regular trash that can be disposed of in the garbage?

Note: I am not looking for responses of the type, "I don't know/care, I just throw them in the garbage." I have a bunch of burned out old tubes that I want to get rid of, and I want to do so in compliance with applicable requirements.
jimjoyce25
It's obvious that it smarts when someone takes you apart in the way I did, Rodman9999.
So, Jimjoyce25, have you decided how to dispose of your old tubes? What are
you going to do with them?

I toss mine in the trash. IMO, it's more damaging to our environment to get in
my car and drive 20 miles round trip to the appropriate LA recycling facility.
What exactly did you, "take apart"? Like I said, I found nothing in your retort but the usual liberal obfuscation. And- So you continue(ad nauseum).
What exactly did I take apart? Just as you didn't (hopefully, wikipedia has since cleared it up for you) know the difference between silicon, silicone, and silica, you haven't yet grasped it, but it's YOU! Give it a little more time, it'll eventually sink in.

You screwed up again by calling me a liberal, but it won't be the first (or second) time you've been wrong in this thread.
Tvad: I attempted to dispose of them at two e-waste recycling events that were scheduled in my area over the weekend. I have perhaps 40 of them, so it was worth taking the time to dispose of them the right way.

Unfortunately, neither of these events seemed actually to have been held, as no recycling collection station was evident upon my arrival.

Instead, I will be sending them to Oregon for use by his friend in an artistic composition.