Preamp for McCormack DNA-125 Gold? Budget $2k

Any ideas for a preamp match for my McCormack DNA-125 Gold upgrade? It is actually just short of Gold (I didn't have $1750 to spend on the upgrade, but did have $1500, so it is close). My speakers are Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signatures (not very demanding). I have been using a CJ PV5a preamp: not the best unit, I know.

My budget is $2000 used (or new). Should I pursue a balanced preamp and then consider getting the amp upgraded with balanced IC's as well? That adds another $500 to the cost of the amp, but I could always do it at a later date.

My other option would be to sell the McCormack and get a good integrated for $3500 used. Not having heard any good ones, I don't know if this would best a decent preamp and the DNA-125 Gold.

My musical tastes tend to be classical and jazz.
chiho
Balanced I/Os does not mean the component is a differentially balanced design. Unless the McCormick is, I would sell it. Actually, I would sell it either way...

You can buy a new Wyred 4 Sound SX 250 for this. There's a pair of SX 500 monos on AG for $1400. I would grab them. I own the W4S MC 250/500, 4 channel amp for biamping. They are balanced designs but have RCA inputs, too. So do what you need for now, but move toward a differentially balanced system.

I am using the Raysonic 168 with built-in variable tube outs direct to my active XO then to my amp. The tube output compared to a $3K balanced pre I was using, so I sold it.
no affiation, but there is a classic motif(by cj)on audiogon with phono...rare and outstanding...one of the all time great pre's....nice with the mccormack too.
For your budget I'd consider the Cary SLP-98. I don't think you will find any better at that price point.
Chiho,don't even consider getting rid of the Mccormack for a class d amp you couldn't make a bigger mistake.And if you have the cash look at a Coda int.,or coda pre amp to go with the amp,lots of options.You will be wowed at first with class d but in time disappointed.
McCormack is releasing the LD 2, the replacement for the RLD 1. Street price should be right around 2K.