Joule-Electra Destiny mono blocks, Opinions?

Joule-Electra Destiny mono blocks, they seem to be under the radar and not talked about very often.

I would like to know;

Opinions

Joule product reliability?

Build quality of fit and finish?

Customer service?

Sound characteristics?
dev
Hello Dev,

I already discussed my sonic expression of Destiny (or Rite of Passage with 300wpc drivibg MBL101E) - for the record - "outstanding!!!"

Reliability - I was interested in this too because if I ever choose to add J-E amplifier to ther new flagship preamp (LA-300ME) I ordered - it becames big issue. Overweling response was that Joule-Electra is one of the most reliable amplifiers manufacturer there is

Customer Service - You know that Simon Thacher formerly from Spectron started to work with Jud Barber and he took care of customer service - he is one of the best there is, ask anyone who bought Spectron - most of the customers dealt with Simon one way or another (set up etc)

All The Best
Rafael
Hi Dob,

good to see you posting here, your post on the other thread referring to your most recent listening experience when you said;

...and then I spent a week in Canada and friend of the friend owns Joule-Electra Rite of Passage and big MBL speakers. I spent a large number of hours , almost every day, in his listening room. I will not tell you how accurate was this or inacuracte was that (I am professional cellist) - frankly I did not give a ... I knew I can't stand, I can't leave, I can't stop listening to the music. It was increadibly REALISTIC representation of REAL music. I am like a dog - I can tell you what I hear, I can't explain why (I did not hear euphonic even order or other kind of distortions, sorry)

Joule-Electra's web site is a bit neglected so you have to do your own research..... and you will discover that his "equipment" was reviewed time and time again by Harry Pearson of TAS, David Robonson of Positive Feedback and such, that he has many prestigeous awards etc etc.

So at first I thought that I am insane but now I know that I am only poor. I can't afford big MBL with Rite of Psssage.

I suspect that you want to say that I was hearing effect of MBL. Its true but I heard to these great speakers with so many solid state amps (including MBL) that I know that I heard - I heard "magic" pure and simple "magic".

So, Dave - let us enjoy good amps we own but please let me dream about listening to REAL music or....its SOUL

All The Best
Rafael

really intrigued me as you already are aware and you know the rest.

I'm really looking forward to hearing this set-up, I also found out that the latest Destiny amps are 350 watts, even more power.

Simon is most defiantly an added plus to the company and Jud is fortunate to have him.

So are you going to do a review on the pre-amp, really enjoyed your other one regarding the Spectron amps.
There is no question in my mind that J-E amps get the soul of the music. If the emotional/artistic content is as impt to you as it is to me (#1, IMO) you will love the J-E amps!!
Hello Dev,
"So are you going to do a review on the pre-amp, really enjoyed your other one regarding the Spectron amps"

Spectrton amps are good "muscle" amp I can't afford Destiny - may be I will look for used Rite of Pssage (220 wpc) - Jud Barber amplifiers last 10-20 years. I heard many amps even don't have re-tubing for 10+ years....

More interesting, as far as I know -last weekend there was a last audition of "Marianne Electra Memorial Edition Preamp, LA-300ME" and they used MBL 101E and Destiny. There was a number of professionals including Jud and David Elrod (Jud uses now his hook-up wire taken from Elrod $7.5k interconnect).

I been told that bass was substabtially and dramatically improved (deeper, faster, cleaner etc) mostly due to (from their web site):

....The "super chargers" in power supplies are huge Mundorf M-TubeCap capacitors which combine a high degree of dielectric strength and low residual inductivity. These capacitors can supply, very quickly, extreme peak currents and can be heard and felt....

So, yes I may write review of the preamp but first, first...first I wanna have it. I am glad that it was last test and now it goes to production. Can't wait.

All The Best
Rafael