Most resolving solid state amp you've ever heard?

I'm looking for the most resolved power amp possible for my new speakers and would love some input.
gvickerschtick

I have to be the third to vote for the Innersound / Sanders Sound ESL amp. I have been using the new version, the Sanders Sound, ESL amp for about 4 months now, on my pair of Sound Labs M-1 speakers, as well as a pair of 2905 Quads. The amp is lively, open, has a wide sound stage, places instruments where they belong on stage. For me it seems to answer all the questions posed by the starter question. Micro and Macro dynamics are all there. The background is just noise free, and dead quiet. There is air and space around all the performers, no bunching up of what is on stage. The amp has speed and control, and there is no color, but I will not call it neutral. Neutral to me would mean all media fed to the amp, would sound the same from top to bottom. The Sanders ESL amp presents the sound that is on the media. It does not color it, nor does it subtract from it. When you try an amp for a few months, and you find yourself hearing small details in CD’s and records, that even though you have listened to them for years, and the amp is the only thing that has been changed in the system, then you need to accept that the amp is special. Rogers Sanders designed the specifications of the ESL amp to drive ESL loads, but I have also used my amp on a pair of B&W 801 matrix three speakers, and the sound was as good as on my ESL speakers. Other amps tried within the past year. Brystons 7b sst mono blocks, PASS X – 350, and the now famous Parasound JC-1. Roger Sanders has improved on the original Innersound amp. The new Sanders Sound ESL amp is much improved, has more power, and is priced fairly.

FYI: I tried the amp because it was priced fairly, and Sanders Sound has a 30 day in home trail, with a no questions asked return policy. Roger wants you to be happy with the product. Warranty is best in the business.

Are there better amps out there, maybe, probably, most likely, but at a price point I will never be able to buy. That being said, I’d be glad to unhook my amp and put in a mega buck system, and compare it to a mega buck amp, any day. I’m sure it will hold its own.

Roger Sanders is one of the nicest people you will deal with. He will gladly answer questions, on just about any audio topic. I had wanted a small change done in my amp, and he gladly told me how to go about it, if I wanted to do it my self, instead of shipping the amp back.

No affiliation what so ever with the company or the person. I have just had a wonderful experience with both the company, the product, and just think this amp is a sleeper that people should investigate, and try out. Just do a web search for Sanders Sound.

One last comment, I hope this makes sense. When you find yourself listening to music for several hours, and can just sort of drift off, and all that is there is the sound, and that sound can either make you feet and hands move with the music, or just make you feel clam and good, and when you stop the music and system you feel better, then it’s a great amp. Although other amps make music, and can do this and that, they may not really engage you into the music, they often just provide music, there is a difference. With the Rogers ESL amp I stopped trying to dissect the sound/system, and enjoyed the total package.

Remember you mileage may vary.
Nuforce Ref 9SE V2. But be prepared for the revelation of imbalance from upstream components and cablings. Read up more on their website as these seems to fit your requirement to a "T". One of the e-zine reviewers (Audiophilia) replaced his ESL/Innersound 330 with these as reference. Many other reviewers have done the same replacing this mono-block pair as their reference.

Good luck,

Kenobi
Fafafion, thanks for sharing your experience. However those FMAs used, although still very relevant by today's standard, but imo are way too old (almost two decades old design). I think FMAs latest offerings would better reflect their advances (current sound), hence more appropriate when compared to more recent releases of flagship gears such as the Soul700s.