Bi-amping Snell Speakers Anyone?

I have recently bi-amped my system and the mids and hi's seemed to overpower the low end. The amps are identical so I just turned the volume down on the mid /hi amp. Is this normal in some systems or in a more perfect setup should I be making other tweaks to get the volume set on max for both?
128x128blueskiespbd
Post removed 
OK so Snell says biampinng is fine but active crossovers require more expertise than I have. For now I will concentrate on room tweaks and gear tweaks since there are many known issues there. Back to the salt mine.
Old thread, but I'm a new AudiogoN member.

My primary speakers are Snell Type D's. I own two Nikko Alpha 220 amps, which are 120wpc, similar wattage to Blueskiespbd's NAD 2700's. I have biamped the D's with one amp powering the bass and one the highs. I did not experience any loudness variation between the bass and highs, as compared to just one amp. The sound was quite similar to using just one of the amps, but the bass was somewhat tighter and the overall sound was indeed slightly better.

Bottom line, biamping should work.

I must say that the Snells perform so well with one amp, that I'm not sure the second is worth the effort and right now I'm only using one.

Either way, even with the Snell D's, the soundstage, vocals and bass are incredible. Every time I sit back and do some serious listening my eyes are deceived because the singer is not in the room.
Update:

Everything is sounding good now with no issues as to balance and volume. Still doing the vertical biamping with great results.