Girlfriends and wifes, how do YOU cope?

I would be very interested in finding out how one manages to justify (or sneak in the home) expensive audio equipment without having to sell your soul to the Devil? It's quite a challenge for many of us I think. I heard of someone buying a Bel Canto DAC and telling his girlfriend that " Oh it's just a $ 100.00 power conditionner", or whatever. Seem like we need to get creative here if we can pursue this crazy hobby much longer! Regards All...
ampman66
Wife is a problem but the Girlfriend Loves the system and doesn't care what I spend on it!
:-))))
Hmm one day I've played Piazzola record in my listening room and my wife started to dance with my baby-son. The tonearm hooked up with Lyra Helikon started to jump back and fourth along with my heart. Fourtunately the stylus/cantilever is OK but listening room now is for listening ONLY and drinking (no analogue playback is allowed when an intercourse occurs inside the listening room on the listening or near the listening couch).
I used to lie about money spent i.e. Michell GyroDec $600 only but the look of this turntable so attracted my wife that she agreed that this TT is worth buying whatever it costs since it's much nicer looking than my previous Rega P3.
what ya do is! strut through the door with ya pricy gear wait for the moaning to commense from the female party.....stick your fingers in your ears and stamp ya feet and yell nah nah nah nah nah i cant hear u, nah nah nah nah nah....
30 years ago, my future (and now present) wife (bless her heart) insisted on separate bank accounts. So now its just a matter of aesthetics, not $$.
I tell my girlfriend I am going to buy something, but I keep saying that I am not sure which unit I will buy, and therefore tell her a price range which is usually quite broad. Then I buy something and when she asks how much it was, I tell her the price at the top of the range. After she moans about the price, I say, "Would you be happier if I bought the $X unit?" where X is the actual cost of the unit, more in the middle of the range. She says yes, and then I tell her OK, that is what it costs. She has no more steam to argue with, she knows the truth and everyone is happy. Then I wait six months and repeat with the next component.