Girlfriends and wifes, how do YOU cope?

I would be very interested in finding out how one manages to justify (or sneak in the home) expensive audio equipment without having to sell your soul to the Devil? It's quite a challenge for many of us I think. I heard of someone buying a Bel Canto DAC and telling his girlfriend that " Oh it's just a $ 100.00 power conditionner", or whatever. Seem like we need to get creative here if we can pursue this crazy hobby much longer! Regards All...
ampman66
I know what you mean. My HUSBAND just gets so sick of me constantly telling him about what I read here, on AVS Forum, and on SoundStage! (my 3 favorite sources of information) I'd have trouble sneaking things past him though, since I need his name on the loan applications. I'm a little in the hole, but at least I don't have credit card debt. :)

Seriously though, even though I am the main audiophile in the family, I've brought him along with me. And it's invaluable. He brings his electrical engineering expertise that helps me understand some of the scientific aspects that I don't have the background for.

He and I have a $300 rule. If it’s over $300, we need to consult the other before spending any money—though sometimes $150 is better. :) BTW, buying a bunch of things for under $300 is NOT a good way around this.

Don’t assume your wives and girlfriends can’t get into audio. We’re out there.
OH YES...we're out here! Im with you,Joyelyse.I LOVE this shit! I have a guy friend in HOuston that I love to hang out with because he has the money for all this hi-end stereo equipment. Im going over to his house Saturday night to listen to his new stuff and Im totally psyched!BTW...Im in the process of selling my bedroom furniture just to buy some new stereo equipment...yes,chicks are in to this shit too..:)And some of us are just as "hooked" as you guys are..)!
Welcome to the 'Gon Darla. I look forward to hearing more from you in the future. By the way, those air mattresses with the electric blow up pump attached to them are very comfortable. If you sell your furniture, save enough money to buy one of those ;-)
Hey..thanks for the suggestion,Ozfly..:)but I think Im gonna sell everything "except" my mattress and just like..throw it on the floor, ya know..)?Im single so who cares..right?
Anyway,since Im kinda new to this..got any suggestions on a good system for a small room with a small budget..:)?