Girlfriends and wifes, how do YOU cope?

I would be very interested in finding out how one manages to justify (or sneak in the home) expensive audio equipment without having to sell your soul to the Devil? It's quite a challenge for many of us I think. I heard of someone buying a Bel Canto DAC and telling his girlfriend that " Oh it's just a $ 100.00 power conditionner", or whatever. Seem like we need to get creative here if we can pursue this crazy hobby much longer! Regards All...
ampman66
I am a woman and LOVE hi-fi gear, in fact, I have a hard time finding men who are into it, so it's great that I've just found this website!
well I can cope because I am a musician and a woman and an audiofile...but Im not sure how my man copes.
Kittyprincess88, meet Joeylawn36111. Now if those aren't compatible handles, I don't know what is.

Geez, I just thought about how expensive it would be to have a household full of little audiophiles running around upgrading and tweaking their little growing systems...Can peanut butter ever help the sound?
I like audio, and I have been liking it for over 25 years. I work hard for a living, pay my bills, as do most of us. I do not need to explain why I bought this amp, or that speaker, and the moment I do, it's seeya later. Marriage is for people who cannot manage thier own lives anyway
Damn Greg, that's harsh! You're not bitter by any chance, are you?

Don't hold back now, tell us how you really feel about marriage. :)

John