Girlfriends and wifes, how do YOU cope?

I would be very interested in finding out how one manages to justify (or sneak in the home) expensive audio equipment without having to sell your soul to the Devil? It's quite a challenge for many of us I think. I heard of someone buying a Bel Canto DAC and telling his girlfriend that " Oh it's just a $ 100.00 power conditionner", or whatever. Seem like we need to get creative here if we can pursue this crazy hobby much longer! Regards All...
ampman66
I am just wondering if anyone has a wife or girlfriend who does not mind much. They might not be an audiophile but perhaps they enjoy the end result of some of the purchases and projects.
I would not say my wife minds too much, but I wouldn't say that she enjoys it either. If pushed, she will admit that my system sounds better than her radio, however, it's not nearly worth the price paid in her opinion. She thinks spending mega-K's on an audio system that sounds slightly better than a $200 boombox is just ridiculous......I can't really say that she is wrong. We have bigger disagreements with musical tastes....she's not fond of mine, and I feel the same way about hers.

I know folks who spend millions of dollars on cars, boats, travel, etc, which never made sense to me, so I can understand how one does not comprehend how someone can spend seemingly excessive money on an obssession. There are many obssessions out there that claim a lot of money, audio gear, home theater, cars, boats, women, golf, travel, etc, etc. Each individual person has different values of what they are willing to spend on one specific obsession. Some are fortunate enough to be able to spend excessively on ALL obssessions in life......sigh.
some are fortunate to be frugal and not spend a lot of money on anything, except necessities.
Mrtennis,

necessities, now that is good, exactly what i'm saying. Sound and music are necessities. But try to explain that to your girl...
Stereolady,

Effusive apologies for the tardy reply. My spouse and I enjoyed RMAF, immensely! We found gregarious people and delicious sound. By-the-bye, one of our favorite rooms, YG Acoustics/FM Acoustics (main floor) features a product line you carry. As well, I noticed an installation on your website highlighting DALI MegaLine speakers, which just happen to be present at our home awaiting set-up.

I'm given to understand attendance was elevated compared to last year. New products that intrigued us were shown by Win Analog (monoblocks and preamp). I'd really love to hear that gear on MegaLines.

Best,
Sam