Girlfriends and wifes, how do YOU cope?

I would be very interested in finding out how one manages to justify (or sneak in the home) expensive audio equipment without having to sell your soul to the Devil? It's quite a challenge for many of us I think. I heard of someone buying a Bel Canto DAC and telling his girlfriend that " Oh it's just a $ 100.00 power conditionner", or whatever. Seem like we need to get creative here if we can pursue this crazy hobby much longer! Regards All...
ampman66
Mrs. Timsorosk,
Hi, this is Mrs. Noble. Funny, you call your husband a "spud" and I call mine the 'stud'. My husband keeps me quite busy, especially at night, but I would love to post as often as I can to give the feminine perspective. You keep your spud in line and I'll try to do the same with my stud. Maybe we could go shopping for expensive shoes just to even things out a bit. Or, better yet, I say we setup our own systems, money no object! Let me know. Bye
How about sneaking things out of the room which has now become my issue? After too many outbursts and threats to pour water on my rig when I am out of town, I have decided to crate things up until the dust settles. Funny thing is that if she believes that she owns the rig jointly with me, why would she contemplate such an irrational act. Button pushing perhaps but nonetheless I have gone proactive. The Tidals are now safe and sound inside the shipping crate. Anyone here have a significant other threaten to destroy gear to make a point, or worse act upon the threat?
Acting like you care gets you no where. They do not care what you think of their likes or dislikes, so why do you worry what they think of yours?