Girlfriends and wifes, how do YOU cope?

I would be very interested in finding out how one manages to justify (or sneak in the home) expensive audio equipment without having to sell your soul to the Devil? It's quite a challenge for many of us I think. I heard of someone buying a Bel Canto DAC and telling his girlfriend that " Oh it's just a $ 100.00 power conditionner", or whatever. Seem like we need to get creative here if we can pursue this crazy hobby much longer! Regards All...
ampman66
When my wife and I frequent antique shops/malls, she will let me know where there are any LP's that I may have missed. Also, she will unplug my system when thunderstorms are in the area if I'm away. She knows how much it means to me, and supports me, as long as I don't want to spend too much money. I really have to verify the need to spend big bucks.
I'm one of those rare mythical creatures-the audiophile wife.

I love all the equipment and was into audio long before I met my husband.

I do miss being able to have my couch in the living room, though instead of in the garage because there isn't room for it.:)

Carolyn
I manage it by having separate finances that we don't have to justify to each other. We have the shared accounts, where bills are paid from, and groceries, and other shared expenses.

But then we also have our own accounts that we do as we please. If she buys some $500 shoes, I don't care - it's her money. If I buy expensive hi-fi equipment, she doesn't care, it's my money.

Purchases that come from the shared checking or savings accounts require us both to agree and approve of the purchase before hand. But purchases from our own separate accounts are purely our own.

Do your marriage a favor and take control of the finances - have joint accounts for joint expenses and separate accounts for individual expenses.
Upon seeing the fiberglass absorption panels I'd just brought into the living room (with wife approval), my best friend said, "You know, marrying her has only given you a higher pole on which to fly your freak flag."