inexpensive preamp for Ayre V3 with Green Mountain

I am working on a budget with Green Mountain Europa speakers. They are great speakers and given the space I am working with, a really good match. My challenge now is to find the right amp/pre-amp combination that fits my budget.

I have settled an Ayre V3 amp and will spend most of my cash on it. I need an inexpensive pre-amp to provide volume control with a remote. Of the sub-$1000 solid state pre-amps, does anyone have a recommendation? I need 2 inputs, balance out, and a set of single end pre-outs for subwoofer. Current bargains on Audiogon include:
NuForce
Celeste Sim Audio
classe cp60
bryston bp 25
proceed Pre
Music Fidelity A3
Audio Refinement
Creek

Lots of options - opinions or feedback based on experience will be appreciated.

thanks!
drewh1
You really want an Ayre preamp. Don't go to a lesser unit..wait until your budget permits.
A great preamp for the money and within your budget is the Coda 01p which has on board phono section. If not into analog look at the Coda 02 same unit less the phono stage. New these were near 3K. Often call the Rolex of preamps.

Of course the ultimate with that amp would be a Klyne preamp, but above your budget. Nonetheless specatcular though.
Audio Mirror. They are awesome! I have the Pp1. It's not lean, but full bodied and dynamic. Both Audio Mirror preamps are in your price range, used. Both have excellent sound and remote control.