Biamping, bass and amplifier type.

I am new to the idea of tube amplification, but not new to the audio hobby (or obsession, depending on your point of view).
My question is, if tubes provide decidedly better treble and mid reproduction and a better image and soundstage, and if solid state provides better bass extension and response, why not use biampable speakers with solid state wired to bass and tube wired to high/mids?
OR
Tube amp for high/mid satellites and a SS sub?
Wouldn't this provide 'the best of both worlds?'
I look forward to your responses.
This is important to me as my amp of the last 25 years just died and I am venturing into a new system.
rhanechak
Yes it would, the drawback is cost. If you go with an tube amp ss combo you have to divide the amount of money you have between them. Most folks I think choose one or the other and so they can put more money into one higher quality amplifier.

As far as Biamping goes....
I used to use VTL MB-450s for the top and BAT VK500 for the bottom. The result was most satisfying. However overtime the constant maintenance of the MB-450 became a bother. I also moved to a speaker that is not designed to be biamped. Made a very hard decision, and sold the VTLs off and now just run my system with the VK-500. I wish I could have put the VTLs on these speakers too, but as far amplification goes I have 90% of the sound quality I had before without the headaches.

However if you can afford it and are willing to care and feed your tube amps regularly it is the way to go.
I disagree. The gain in the different amps will cause issues/imbalances. I would ONLY bi-amp with identical amps. Period.
Would bi-amping with identical tube amps provide more substantial bass?
Seriously, how significant is the difference between tube amp vs SS bass?
I am not a bassaholic. I want it to be there in accurate proportion to the original source.