Why are most High End Amps class A

Hello, new here and wondering.

I've recently been looking and reading at Audiogon and see that most "High End Amps" are class A. Currently I own a McIntosh C28 preamp and MC2105 amp. To me they sound fabulous.

Would a "High End" class A sound any better?

Of course I realize that there are very expensive class A's that would blow away my Mac's, but what about say a used class A in the $ 1000.00 to $2000.00 price range?

Thank you so much for your input!
gp_phan
It would be interesting to see how the Symphonic Line ($$$$) vs. a Plinius ($$) would sound side by side. Manual vs automatic transmission.

I wonder if all high bias current amps, or the sliding bias current high current as needed is where that extra sweet audiophile sound is coming from. I am sure it is just part of the mix, but the Plinius looks like one of the least expensive SS choices to get 100 watts of class A power.
When did audiophile's start to worry about the electric bill
There are some great A/B Amps but they are not great because they are less expensive to operate or that they cost less to obtain.
To think that way is to say a Honda is better then a Ferrari
because it gets better gas mileage.
I find Class A amps to sound better then the Class A/B or D that I have heard.
This hobby is about SOUND nothing more and nothing less.
Bombaywalla - not only bias but also gain (before feedback)is different between class A and AB. Class AB requires much higher gain (usually about 10x) to linearize output transistors with deeper negative feedback. Large gain causes amplifier to overshoot (and even choke) on fast changing input (pulse) since it is unable to feed signal back in the same phase (delays the signal). This is called Transient Intermodulation Distortion and was dicovered in 1970. Before that first SS amplifiers had excellent THD and IMD but unpleasant sound (overshooting introduces odd harmonics).

Using different classes of amps for woofer and tweeter is fine if we can guarantee that phase shift is the same.
Kijanki, could you please explain about the phase shift in a bi-amp setup? Are you saying that different amp has different timing as to when the music is projected out?