What do you see as the downside of tubes?

I have decided on getting a tube amp and it will be the integrated Mastersound 300B driving a pair of Living Voice Avatars, so at least that decision has been taken.

My main question is what you see as downsides of having a tube amp. As I've decided on getting an integrated tube it's really about what the downsides are I might want to know about beforehand.

The ones I'm aware are the following.

-The tubes need to be replaced and in the case of a 300B this will be somewhat costly.

-Bias is another issue but I'm not sure how big an issue. Do you plug in your meter every so often or just when you roll tubes or replace a dead one? The meter as such isn't gonna be a big issue as I don't think it's that expensive.

-Heat won't be a big issue as we have no kids nor a nosy dog that could get burned. Hope my electricity bill isn't gonna go through the roof, but then again, I can't quite imagine that.

I'd appreciate if you could add whatever your experiences are regarding this question are as I'd like to know more before I buy it.

Thanks
krauti
The major issues of tube amp ownership have been mentioned.

However, one factor for someone considering a tube amp is how well those issues match with the psychological predispositions of the owner. Whether "uncertainty" detracts from enjoyment is heavily dependent on the person involved.

I currently have a tube amp and have had many solid state and tube ones in the past. I've got no more "uncertainty" about the slow aging of my tubes than I do regarding the status of my car's tires or other consumable parts. They all fall into a category of expected "routine maintenance" for me.

Just as I don't run my car's tires until they are threadbare and unsafe, I periodically check my tubes with a tube tester I picked up on eBay a few years back. When readings indicate it is time, I just pop in new tubes, bias, and go back to listening.

Some people view the whole process differently. They might find they are happier overall with a solid state amp. As they say, "horses for courses."
This is usually only an issue though in the summer months, as in the winter you will actually appreciate the (rather costly) space heaters!
Oh so true with a pair of CAT JL-3's here in Minnesota.
I agree with the above comments.

1. Some people like the sound of tubes and like (or tolerate) the process of replacement/tinkering/service/expense with them.

2. Some people do not like (or tolerate) that process, even if they the like the sound.

3. Some people could care less or haven't experienced tubes properly.
Low damping factors that require speakers that do not need high damping in the bass. Limited load driving ability that requires speakers with sympathetic impedance curves, ie higher impedance and less variation. Sometimes, lower power that requires greater sensitivity in the partnering loudspeaker. Broadly speaking, greater cost per watt of power output. Potential exposure to high voltages, should the envelope of the vacuum tube be breached. These factors are often overlooked.