What Linn Kairn to get

Hello,

What Linn Kairn is considered the best? I believe that there were a few significant changes made over the years such as the power supply, etc.. I would be matching to a Linn Klout and Proac speakers. Is the Kairn M/M & M/C phono very good?

Other thoughts....would matching Klout to a tube preamp such as VTL 2.5 or ARC LS15 be recommended?

Thanks,
sympaticonorm
I use Linn Silver IC's throughout and LkK400 birwire cable to connect the speakers. If you do get a Kairn, spring for the Silver IC's. The sound much warmer, bigger, with more presence and impact and yet more refined at the same time. A "must have" in my opinion with Linn Electronics. And of course Linn amps work best with Linn speaker cables, and the Proac's are set up for biwiring, so the LK400 is a no-brainer.
Perfect, thanks.

I will follow your recommendations and get Linn cables...they will show up on the Gon one of these days. I wanted to try my Cardas Cross speakers cables but was not able to because they have spade terminals and was not able to find suitable adapters. In the mean time, I have been using Nordost cables but they are definitely not the best with this set-up..way too bright.
Is there a way to tell from the outside (perhaps by serial number) if it has the better power supply?