Jadis musical value?

If you've heard or owned Jadis amplifiers, I would like your opinion on their performance value. When I see equipment this jewel-like, I tend to question just how much of the manufacturing/design budget was apportioned to performance and how much to aesthetics. Also and more specifically, I have some interest in the Jadis integrateds that come up for resale on Audiogon. Are they recommendable based on their performance alone? Thank you.
phaelon
Hi,

I am close to taking a leap with a Jadis Orchestra RC (the remote version, the only version my local dealer carries) but I also have a strong urge to own a 300B system (Cary 300BSEI). I read above about biasing in the JOR is a pain. How much of a pain in the back side is that?
IMO I wouldnt buy Jadis intergrated..Of all their products that seems to be the problem child..
Missioncoonery, Just for clarity, does your assessment apply only to the Orchestra or to all Jadis integrateds? In the later case, is it that they don't make the grade sonically or are there reliability issues? Can you offer some specific concerns?
Missioncoonery, thanks for the advice and as Phaelon, I would appreciate if you could share further insight. I did read that the Jadis had QC issues with their amps before but read somewhere those had been resolved. Not sure how true it is but nonetheless would appreciate your input.

Thanks!
I have a Jadis Orchestra Reference integrated and have had no reliability problems. I am using Genelex Gold Lion 88 re issues for output tubes and I am enjoying beautiful music.
David Pritchard