Pre of three?

Hello again, I think when most people ask these sorts of questions, a lot of the time, they have already decided and they are just looking for reinforcement. Which is fine, I've done it, but this time I really have no idea, I could go with any of them and I am thinking about flipping a coin? I would love to hear from anyone who has spent time with any of these preamps. Is there one which is a clear choice above the others.

Here they are:

Cary slp-98
Juciy music peach II
McIntosh c2200 or c220

The rest of the system is a musical fidelity Tri-vista dac, Vandersteen 3a's and a McIntosh mc2500.

Thanks a lot.

Mike
hanaleimike
I had a Mac 7270 hooked to a Carver C-1. Then went to the Cary SLP98P what a difference. Then I got a Cary V12R and it sounded great. Now I have a new Cary CAD120S and it sounds better to me than a Mac 275 that was hooked up to Wilson Sophia II's, and I do not have speakers as good. I will not knock Mac, but if you get an SLP98P or L get the CAD120S, it is an unbeleiveable combo. Good luck.
The Mac and Cary units are very, very different beasts. Different features, different sound, one might say designed for a different audio lifestyle. Which unit fits your system? And more importantly, which unit sounds best with your other gear?

I have no direct experience with any Juicy Music product and can't comment except to say that I have talked to several guys who are wildly enthusiastic about their Juicy units.
My brother just picked up a Joule LA-100 MkIII tube pre and is VERY impressed with it considering $1600 spent.
I think it competes well with the Juicy Peach II - same league but obviously much different pedigree and look.
The Juicy Music Peach is an overachiever and a lot of fun, but it's not in the same league as the Cary or McIntosh. Also the Peach II uses tubes that cannot be rolled, unlike the Peach I that uses some 6DJ8 tubes.

I'd go with the C2200.