What amp do I need to power my Acoustat 1100

I have had my 1100's for quite a few years. I stopped when the fried my (don't laugh, I was young!) carver tfm 35 amp. do you guys recommend a brand or price range I should be looking in. I have been looking into the krell amps I've seen for sale as well as the Parasound A21 but don't know whether that's bringin a Knife to a gunfight. Please give a novice some help.
stlrfn
It's a process with numerous SS or Tube amps to choose. You have to audition the Krell and Parasound A21 hopefully with the Acoustats to determine what fits your listening experience.

If your buy new or used what is your budget?
If you want an SS amp that won't freak out when faced with electrostats, consider the one from Roger Sanders (formerly of Innersound) http://www.sanderssoundsystems.com/

If you prefer tubes as I do (for driving electrostats) I recommend one (or possibly two as monoblocks) McIntosh MC275's. The McIntosh Unity Coupled Circuit provides as much current per watt as just about any amplifier made, so it's well suited for driving electrostats.
Any amp stable at one. ohm. These are not easy to rive becauze they do present 1 ohm laods but employ fonick transforms thst friend's melted with an Aragon m0n0 block palladium 1Ks.
Instead try a favorite for low ohm loads the ICE powered H2O brand.