Class A amplifiers - which are considered the best

I have heard Accuphase makes the highest quality pure class A amplifiers. Wanted to get some feedback on folks experience with their amps and any other amp manufacturers that would be in their league (or better) for class a amps. thanks
dangelod
"The best" is of course a subjective judgement. Synergy is ALWAYS the keyword: what matches up with your source component, speakers, cabling, + your sonic preferences? Experimentation is the only real way to determine that.

I can vouch personally for the Accuphase P450 being a fantastic product (although Mosfet; it's not a class A output) the driver stage itself is likely approaching class A bias; many other amps do likewise.

I also have an Ayre V3 which *is* 100 watts true class A, fullly balanced, another great design. I believe they also made a V5(?) with more output power + pure class A.

I do recall hearing some Krell class A monoblock designs at audio shows long ago; they're very large + very heavy. Spectral is another great one from years past.
Bob bundus, you might want to do further background check as to which ones are really "class A" amp. I know Ayre amps are all class A/B amp. None of them are class A's. Ayre is one of the better design however. I would easily pick them over the majority of amp. out there. However you don't get class A sound in class A/B amp. unless you listen at extremely low volume.
I really wonder about the V3 is not AB. This thing gets very hot unless in standby mode; even then it's warm. A call to Charles et all would be in order sir.