Class A amplifiers - which are considered the best

I have heard Accuphase makes the highest quality pure class A amplifiers. Wanted to get some feedback on folks experience with their amps and any other amp manufacturers that would be in their league (or better) for class a amps. thanks
dangelod
George ,
You certainly could be right about the class A vs A1 distinction. The designer does mention he`s able to get 21 watts per KT-88 tube as opposed to 18 watts per tube.Is there really much difference between the two types of class A ? I`d love to hear this very unique amplifier.
Class A has two modes of execution, A1 and A2. In A1 the output devices conduct all the time and there is no current flowing in the grid circuit (we are talking tubes here). In class A2 the output devices also conduct all the time but there is grid current flowing during part of the cycle. For the latter there are design considerations required to prevent distortion due to driver circuit issues.

Rleff, our amps are A2. 'Pure class A' has no engineering or technical significance (although it may have marketing significance); IOW an amplifier is 'pure class A' whether it is class A1 or A2.

It does not matter if an amplifier is single-ended or push-pull, it can be class A1 or A2 in any of those embodiments.
Atmasphere,
I agree with what you wrote.
Push-pull can be class A or AB, flexability.
Single end is limited to class A operation only, no fleability in this regard.
I have been reading some outstanding reviews of the new Hegel H30. When 1000 wpc is just not good enough! :)