Hybrid vs. Straight Tubes

I am serioulsy considering the purchase of a Jolida Hybrid Amplifier, most likely an integrated amp (tube-pre section with solid state power). The amp will be used to drive my Monitor Audio RS6s.

I am after tube sound and coloration.

The advantage of the hybrid amp is the added power at a reasonable cost.

My question is, will I be trading off the tube qualities for added power? And, is the added power even needed to drive my speakers?

Which would be preferable a 40 watt tube amp, or a 100 watt hybrid?

PS: For more details regarding my system, please see my post in virtual systems.

Thanks!
nick_sr
Tvad,

I am on leave from work, I will be back next monday. I will borrow the decibel meter we have for measuring the sound level of machinery in industrial environments.

I will post a response then.

Cheers.
I've had ss,moved to all tube power and am now quite satisfied with a tube/ss hybrid amp designed and built by Space-Tech-Labs in Vancouver.It provides me with the best of both technologies,and pairs well with my stats.
I think Tvad's responses are dead nuts on;I also have heard changes by rolling tubes in a moscode 401HR friends system;I think George even encourages rolling in his products as well.
As for the power issue I would buy the most power you can afford within reason;probally other users will slam me on this but it has always been in my case a positive.
I think you should buy as much power as you need (which may be less than you think). Which is dependent on speaker, room, and loudness requirements. In almost every case I have experienced, lower powered amplification sounds better to me, IF, it is enough power to reach the volume level and dynamic you are looking for. I find you need a lot less power with tubes, because they simply sound much better at handling peak power demands without distortion. At the stereophile show a few years back, there was a side by side comparison between a 30 watt tube amp and a 200 watt SS amp - guess which sounded louder without distortion.
my favorite tube integrated amp is an original jadis orchestra. i believe the first version was 60 watts.

listen to this product and decide for yourself if it has the qualities of tube amplification which satisfy your taste.