Yamaha Amp Nostalgia

I remember the Yamaha C4 and M4 with some nostalgia, as they were beyond my high school student budget, and quite beautiful with their back lit power and speaker selector switches.

20 years later, they seem to be reasonably well bid on the used market, although the lamp lights are often burned out and not easy to replace, apparently.

So last week, I impulsively bought an M2, because it looked even more powerful and more interesting than the M4, and the one I found seemed to be in good shape with working lights.

There is not much info on the web - does anyone know anything about this amp?

Thank you.
cwlondon
This thread makes me yearn for my old Sansui B-2101 amp. What a beast that was for me back in the late 80s with a power meter similar to the Yamaha's.
If I recall, driving low impedance loads was a Yamaha selling point back then.
The entire M series can hold its own against anything, M35,40, 45, 60 & 80 are all amazing.
Elevick

Interesting you mention those amps - I thought only the B2, M4 and M2 were the real deal, and the ones you mention were all more mass produced.
I like vintage Yamaha amps too. while i do not have an M2 or any of its cousins, I do own a CA-2010 from the 1977 era. Pix posted in my bedroom system. Gorgeous amp with VU meters. Not meant to drive a hard load & it seems that, back in those, days hard-to-drive speakers did not exist or were very uncommon.
I own Yamaha C-600 and C-800 amps, and they're the real .

Better with warm speaker..

Really cheap on the used market too.
Yamaha used to make some really cool stuff...