High Fidelity Cables CT-1designed by Rick Schultz

In December 2011,I wrote that High Fidelity cables led by cable designer Rick Schultz was putting together a new cable.The cable came to market as CT-1.The CT-1 has FINALLY made it into my system!I had obtained a version of the prototype that Rick had been working on.It blew my previous reference Genesis by Virtual Dynamics.I thought I had finally found my end with this cable.This prototype delivered to my ears "Nirvana".Could I be at the end of my quest for the ultimate sound?
No. I received two pairs of CT-1 to replace my prototypes.They went into the system this past Friday.Unable to dedicate time until Sunday listening,I stole a few moments,ducking away from company with anticipation.My guest could tell even with the music set for"ambiance"something was intriguing and I was in for a treat!
The experience:
First off,CT-1 was very user friendly.Installation was simple;the cable is very nice and light.The female RCA fit beautifully unlike any I had found in other cable.It was secure and reliable.It seemed much thought was dedicated to developing a designer fit to an aesthetically stunning RCA connector.Install entailed a few wiggles to ensure what seemed like a compression fit on my RCA.
It was 2-3 hrs. for the 1st step of break in to be complete.At that point I had something different!Today,although they only have 10-12 hrs. on them,I can`t put into words how much my system has transformed.Believe me,I loved my prototypes.However....there is simply no comparision.
The clarity and sound is so natural.
The soundstage is like nothing I ever heard.Resoulution is breathtaking and inner detail is simply hard to believe possible.
The sound has transended and now it simply does not seem as thought I have speakers.
My system is musicians playing music.
I am told with time they will improve and I trust that as it was revealed with the prototypes.I wanted to share my thoughts with you that now.
Unequivocally,a testament to High Fidelity,as the name declares.
High Fidelity Cables for me,the last word on it,after 12 hours!
Truly Amazing

Al
alpass
Ddraudt, I agree with your logic about the breakin of the HF cables. Perhaps there are two breakin relationships with one being the breakin of the cables and the other is their influence on the components. I can make no judgment of which would take longer. I do know that after they have stabilized, a slight movement of them sets them back for perhaps an hour. I also know that initially they sound better for about two hours and then deteriorate from which they come back even better and that this period is longer with the better series, such as the Ultimates and Ultimate References.

Calloway, there is always the question of affordability, but in reality these are very inventive cables. It is quite clear in my discussions with Rick Schultz that each of the four series of these cables all represent further improvements and performance, but I must say that my greatest shock came when I first hear the original CT-1s. As you say, one can work up in these cables and be satisfied with each level.
Calloway, I hope to move up to UR series in time, selling my Ultimate
interconnects( 1M) and speaker cables ( about 9.5 feet).
At this point this is a future dream as I have new speakers being built
and hope to buy about 20 sets of Stillpoints. So, unless I receive an unexpected windfall, It would be 2015. By Then, who knows, I may be wanting some newer series of HF cables.
I have the Ultimate Reference speaker cables. They are quite good, after what seemed like forever break-in. I never had the Ultimate speaker cables so can't really help you with a comparison - wish I could.

I completely agree with the 2nd component of HF cable break-in which is the associated equipment break-in to the magnetic currents. This is a VERY big thing and you won't really know when its done until your jaw drops at the musical presentation. To think for 2 seconds that you can get a real sense of the HF cable performance by just sticking it in your system, REGARDLESS of how well it has been cable-cooked, or even used before, is pure nonsense. Unfortunately, that's the way it goes with this technology. If you are willing to wait until the components also get broken in to the magnetic currents, you will be richly rewarded. That has been my experience as well as that of a number of others, some who have shared their experiences on this forum. It takes MORE THAN A DAY OR TWO, especially with the more advanced HF cables. Mine are STILL improving, after 2 months!! YMMV, of course. Too many people, I'm sure, don't give these cables enough time in their systems to truly hear how good their systems can sound. That's too bad, but easily corrected if desired.
Fplanner,
That was well said and true. Upon placing the CT1-U digital cable in my system there was an immediate improvement. However over a period of weeks the sound quality continued an upward climb. In hind sight probably a couple of months to reach its ultimate potential. This addition to my system is a near profound positive effect (one single cable from transport to DAC !).
Charles,
While waiting for the balanced HF cables to be introduced, I noticed this from Darwin Cables.

Our challenge to compare our Ascension line to any cable at any price stands.

Has anyone compared this cable to the HF line?