I need SS muscle

After thinking long and hard about a speaker change, I've decided to keep my VR4 HSE's and relieve one of my cary V12's
(one powers L & R upper units and another powers the L & R lower units)and power the bass units with a good SS amp.
If i'm going to go through the expense of another amp, I want a decent used one in good condition. Brands that come to mind are Bryston,Classe,Levinson Krell and Mac right off the bat.
Does anyone have any models of these brands or others that would offer good synergy with my current setup and enough watts for the power hungry bass units(maybe 2 ohm load at certain freq's)
russe41
I 2nd Blindjim's recommendation. I have VR4's and it's easier to get great bass with a pair of subs and place the VR's where you will get the best imaging and gigantic soundstage of which they are capable. they always sound best to me several feet out from the front wall. Also, the subs make the soundstage larger as well.
There are several models of VR4, and they perform quite differently.

It'd be helpful if each contributor mentions the specific model he is discussing.

My comments are regarding VR4 Gen III HSE, which I surmise is the model Russe41 is discussing as well (per his HSE comment). There were no other VR4 models with the Hovland Special Edition moniker to my knowledge.

The VR4 Gen III HSE go down to 16Hz. No subs necessary.
Yes Tvad, they are VR4 Gen III HSE's. I first thought I would keep both V12's and go with Quad electrostats instead of my VSA's. But I really think my rather large room (16w x 28l x 18h) with the cary not dumping current into the difficult load the bass unit produces is my problem, it's not enough power to open them up so to speak. I also should mention I want the SS amp to be high quality enough in case I sell the other cary and run all SS. Looking to spend under 3k used, hopefully.
Lots of possibilities used ~$3000.

Here are some examples:

Plinius SA250 ($3000)
BAT VK-500 w/BAT pak ($2500)
Classe CA-200 ($1000)
Classe CA-300 ($2500)
Levinson No. 334 ($2500)
Spectron Musician III MK 2 ($3500)
Pass Labs X-250.5 ($4000)