Uses for "tape-out" on a preamp

Do any of you find that you use the "tape-out" of a preamp or integrated amp? OR can you you THINK of any use for it?

As far as I can tell, this is only useful for analog recording to tape; not for digital recording (am I wrong?). And if I want to attach a second amp I really need a preamp-out which would reflect the setting of the volume control, which tape-out does not.

Would appreciate your thoughts on this.
Thank you.
Art
artmaltman
I use it to feed the analog signal from my table
to my ad converter. If you do any recording of any of your sources you pretty much gotta have it. I personally wouldn't buy a preamp without it.
Outboard EQ, Home Theatre connection, analog computer input, VCR audio, second volume controled amp/speakers in another room, headphone amp, etc.?.
I use tape connections for several purposes:

1)My Stax headphone amplifier requires a line-level input and has its own volume control, so I drive that from tape outputs.

2)I use the phono amplifier section of a Mark Levinson ML-1 preamplifier as my phono stage, accessing it via the tape out jacks, which I connect into my main preamp (a Classe CP-60, which does not have a phono stage). (The ML-1's line stage doesn't work and is essentially unrepairable due to parts unavailability).

3)I have a high-end 1980's Tandberg 3004 cassette deck, which I connect into a tape loop on the Classe. I haven't recorded anything on it in years, but I use it for playback occasionally.

Regards,
-- Al
I use the Tape Out as Input to a SONOS ZP90 so I can play my CD collection throughout my house via the wireless connection to all the other SONOS players, without having to rip all my CDs to a computer.
I use the phono section of my Music Reference RM5III via the tape outs in the same manner as Al.