Cary Audio Cad 805 AE tube rolling

Hello;

Anyone have any experience with tube rolling on the Cary CAD 805 AE?
The best 211 I tried Amperex vt4c brass base.
Best 6sn7gt I tried mullard ecc33 as input tube and fivre 6sn7 black plate ('50 years) as driver tube. Sylvania 6sn7w metal base , tungsol RP and RCA 5692 red base were disappointing!
Standard 300b (cary audio) is ok but 300B wesatern electric ('90 years)is awesome....

Thanks, Michele
micheler
I tried also rca vt231 (1944) on cary but fivre is superior on linearity and coherence.
I tried also raytheon vt231, marconi-gec b65,kenrad vt231, sylvania vt231 and mulllard ecc32 but for me ecc33 mullard+fivre 6sn7gt black plate are awesome!
The best sounding nos 211 is Amperex brass base (Taylor and RCA are good, GE also).
For 845 tubes I tried United with the glass support on the top, is marvellous! No experience with RCA or GE.
A friend told me that an amplifier is best sounding with 211 tube or with 845 tube...... never with both!
It is true?
Thanks, Michele.
Michele, thanks for sharing your tube-rolling experience.
If I understand you question correctly, yes, tube amps must be used with a specific output tube to sound their best, however, the switch that Carry provides probably changes a few electrical parameters to make the amp compatible with 211 AND 845.
Hi Casouza thanks for the help.
If I change 211 tubes (GE, Amperex, RCA etc etc) it's needed rebiasing amp?
For 300B tubes there is a trimmer for rebiasing, no for 211 or 845 tubes!
Regards, Michele
Hi Micheler, I suggest that you ask Cary. I assume that the switch changes bias accordingly, but one can never be too cautious.
Hi Micheler,

Where did you buy the Amperex VT4C ? I used GE VT4C, Sophia Mesh Plate 300 B and Tungsol brown base. The result is very musical and powerful. Thanks.