How quite is the Aesthetix Calypso Vs Bat VK3i

Hi all,

Hope someone can provide some insights into how the Aesthetix unit compare with Bat. I have had the Bat close to 7 years and have paired it with a Plinius SA100MkIII. This combination worked so well that I have not found a combination that is significantly better.

The only reason I am looking at the Aesthetix is that it has two balanced outputs which could be used to biamp two Plinius amps in the future. Otherwise I am not really borthered by the performance of my Bat.

One thing I have noticed is that there are a lot of comments about how noisy this preamp is. I unfortunately can't audition the unit as I am buying used. The other thing that bothered me is that you can't actually contact the company or their distributor unless you go through a dealer. Where as I have been used to getting communication from Bat.

The dealer I contacted told me that if I believe whats on the net then I should not buy the unit. What's your experience with Aesthetix customer service?

I finally got the number of the distributor and will give him a call discuss. But just wanted to get some input from owners Stateside before I jump on this deal knowing that there is no warranty.

Thanks
jazzao1
I think you'd be wasting your money if you plan to use the Calypso with stock tubes. Suggest you look at alternatives / older preamps from Audio Research & Conrad Johnson, or the Joule preamps. I'm just not a fan of BAT gear, although my experiences have been with mostly their entry level models.
Calypso is dead quiet with NOS tubes and gain reduced. Also was quiet prior to reducing gain.
Ellyjr, thanks for the heads up. I just contacted signal cables who made my balanced cable and they can make me the xlr splitter so will work out cheaper.
Earlier versions of the Calypso had noise issues,which I believe were a result of inferior resistors.I owned one of the latter iterations,no poblemo,it was very quiet that issue having been resolved.
No problem with noise on my Aesthetix Calypso with good NOS tubes. The Calypso is more to my liking and would be a sound improvement to the BAT VK3i IMHO.