HK 730 Twin

I have a Harman Kardon 730 twin integrated amp. I am using the amp section on this integrated for power only. My preamp is a tube unit. The sound is astonishingly good. Any problems with this setup I should be aware of? Any one else have such nice results with this type of setup?
fromunda
No problems. You're just doing what your ears and common sense is telling you to do. See here (I hope its OK to put link )

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=112218
Yes that is true about the ears, It just sounds so lush and open. In comparison to my B&K ST-140 amp there is no comparison. The HK makes the B&K sound irritatingly harsh and super bright.
I use a Harman Kardon Citation 16A amplifier. I have never heard better. Used to have a very elaborate Mac set up, but it couldn't compare with the spacious sound of the Citation. Personally, I always hated Harman Kardon products, (for no apparent reason) so this was hard for me to swallow. But I am glad that I did. I use the 16A with a Citation 17 preamp and love it. This is my system for life. Old school and vintage to be sure, but so sweet sounding. You might try an HK/Citation 12, 16 or 19, as they are similar to your 730. The Citation gear was all hand made and used the finest available components. Enjoy.
I have an HK 930. One of best solid state receivers of all time. Nothing out there like it today.