HK 730 Twin

I have a Harman Kardon 730 twin integrated amp. I am using the amp section on this integrated for power only. My preamp is a tube unit. The sound is astonishingly good. Any problems with this setup I should be aware of? Any one else have such nice results with this type of setup?
fromunda
I have a mint 930, and some really cool "tech bulletins" that accompanied it from 1973-74.

I only listen to it occasionally, but it's a keeper.
I remember Nelson Pass commenting on HK amplifiers. In fact, the Citation 12 was one of his first 'MOD' jobs. He spoke very highly of their design and sound. I have an audio buddy who uses a Citation 12, with the DQ 10's. Very nice system. His preamp is a Citation 1 tube unit. I wish I had that preamp, the sound is incredibly warm, smooth and sweet. Makes you want to pour a good Brady or Scotch and listen for hours. I wasn't aware of the Fulton connection, but that really does make sense. The amps surely do have a unique sonic signature that keeps you coming back for more.

Have you ever opened up a Citation 11 preamp or one of their amps? The Build quality is outstanding. At least on the order of McIntosh. I don't understand why HK and Citation don't get more 'respect' in the audio community. Their product are all very robust and have excellent sound.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110455809641&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT