The audio research arc line- from top to bottom.

I have been searching for a balanced tube preamp for some time, recently started to look at the arc line.
I understand that the ref-5 is the best at the moment. I am curious what is second best? Is it the ls-26? Or the ref2 mkII?
Where do the others fall.
pedrillo
Buckets of rain,
Buckets of tears,
Audiofeil has got those buckets coming out of his ears...
Poets and losers unite.

Both are losers.

And one ear is the biggest of them all.
Pedrillo...sorry didn't mean to sidetrack your original thread. I am done. I hope you get additional answers concerning your question on ARC preamps.
I had for a short time, an Audio Research Sp-10 (a"classic"??) and sold it as soon as I heard an Audio Research SP-15 in my system. ( I now use the SP-15)
If I was gonna buy a new used preamp... I would be looking at only the Audio Research Ref-3, or the ls26. The prior Ref2 mk2, and the LS25mk2 are not in the running.
Many other manufaturers have pres that are good or great, but the AR stuff floats my boat.

I don't understand why Audiofeil have to disclose he's a dealer when he's expressing his opinion in an audio forum? He's one voice so you can take or leave his opinion. You should trust your own ears in your purchase decisions.