Promitheus and Wyred4Sound

Hi,
Does anyone here have experience with a Promitheus TVC and Wyred4Sound's SX-1000 mono-blocks? The sensitivity seems to be be less to work with a TVC (2.95V) http://www.wyred4sound.com/118549/html/page.html
Please share your experience with W4S and any other passive preamp that you have used.
Thanks,
128x128milpai
Plato,
I think of it as "hot rodding" rather than your analogy :-). But your point is well taken. The reason for SX-1000 is for future upgrades and I think a high powered amp will drive the Quads well. I believe when you say that the W4S amps are the most dynamic amps you experienced. Another member who is a big fan of Plinius mentioned that the SX-1000 were better than the Plinius SB-301 he had. He has not compared his SA-References to the W4S simply because it was too much efforts to move the amps and besides he was worried that he might find that the W4S may be better than the References.

Anyways, I do not want the integrated, as I know the TVC very well by now. I should have named the thread as "Passive Preamps and W4S". My CDP has a output of 2.2V and it will never drive the SX-1000 to MAX as it requires 2.95V. "No remote" is fine with me. It is a small sacrifice over the sound that I currently get with the TVC.

I did check with W4S and they don't know of anyone using the SX-1000 with TVC. I can request them to change the "gain" on the SX-1000 before ordering. But I would first like to hear from people who have had a W4S+TVC in their systems.

Thanks
I'd be a little concerned with the 2.95V input sensitivity of the SX-1000 when using it with a TVC or any passive for that matter.
Yes Clio09, that is what I am thinking. W4S did mention that they can double the gain to 54db. The question is, will this sensitivity change make any negative impact on sound quality?
W4S also mentioned that with the current configuration of the SX-100 and TVC supplying 1.5V, it will produce 285W at 8 Ohms. If that is the case then fine. But I don't want the amp supplying 1.5V at the 20th or 21st position of the volume knob, out of the available 24 positions. I would rather have the 285W reach at 16-17th positio on volume knob. That way the TVC and the attenuation will give me the best sound quality. I may be wrong and open to suggestions.
Wow 54db is a lot of gain. I am not familiar with the W4S designs, but I'd be curious what that the input sensitivity would be in that situation. I think your concern with regards to volume control position are valid from a flexibility perspective and not necessarily sound quality. I prefer my settings around 12 or 1 o'clock for average listening volume.
The input sensitivity would be 1.5V as per W4S. Infact when I asked if the sensitivity can be made to 1.5V, they mentioned that the gain would then be 54dB.
You are right, I am more concerned about flexibility and I need more headroom (in case). With the NADs I set the knobs at 12'O clock position and I am already reaching the room limit. The NADs have 770mv sensitivity. The TVC creates a magic either at this setting or at +- 1 position from 12'O clock.