amp or preamp most important

so I'm electronically impaired ! Whats more important in the final stage of sound for music and movies, I'm thinking about an anthem p5 325w x 5 and a anthem avm 50, is this going to give me a superb all around 2 channel and home theater, thanks ?
cshouse007
How about this? (1)Good source,cabling.(2)Pre amp, cabling to amp.Amp can only amplify that what you feed it .If your speaker is not full range can the full sound one expects be achieved? so I would agree with the speaker first,in todays speaker market I dont see where on a whole the speaker response is of old 20hkz/20kgh(not close w/lettering i know)for speakers. Speaker cabling just as important to get the clear sound.If your pre amp muddles up the sound, your amp can only make it worse.PRE AMP/AMP.A axiom pass/pre Used.its a great sound. Good Luck
How about this? If the amplifier and speakers aren't compatible it won't much matter what precedes them.
PRE-AMP.So, as long as the amp and the speakers are best buds?they can take the just alright music that your pre has sent it and transform it into beautiful music? Your speaker & amp can make that happen? the checking to make sure all components match spec wise is a given.If your speaker is 100 watt max,200 watt amp might not work,But i think the amp can only amplify the signal its fed..Your speakers will let you hear all that mess,as long as your speaker covers the full freg.range
So, as long as your pre-amp is sending along beautiful music, it doesn't matter what happens afterwards?