Bel Canto Ref1000 MK2 Or Ref 500m ?

Dear All,
apart from the power (I don't needs 1000 watts into 4 Ohm),
which sounds better between these two?

Regards,
Giuseppe
granosalis
Hello Timrhu,
for what I have read from the specs, the ASX2 seams capable to produce only 2x250 watt on 4 Ohm, where the ASP500 reach 500watt.

Guido, keep us in touch, it will be very interesting to know some official position from Bel Canto.
Just a curiosity, Guido are you Italian?

Ciao
Giuseppe
Some update from my previous post.
I see an internal picture of the ref500M from an Italian magazine (Fedeltà Del Suono), and the internal ICE module look like this one: http://www.icepower.bang-olufsen.com/i/solutions/asx_series1b_290109.jpg

I read specs more carefully and the power rating of this module is 550W, 4Ω
I think Timrhu was right.
Granosalis, thanks for that info. The module shown in the Fedeltà Del Suono pics looks like the one in my 500S. The 500S has two of them.
Looks can be deceiving though as the modules used in the 300S and 300M look alike until you look closely. The module used in the 300M is a beefier unit. Too bad Agon doesn't allow pics to be posted or I'd show mine.
Thank you Giuseppe, yes I am as Italian as they go. . . now living in not-that-particularly-warm Texas.

The 250 ASX2 appears to be an interesting device. At least in principle, it is bridgeable to mono. Whether this remains true for the Ref 500S implementation, is something I will attempt to find out from Bel canto.

One cautionary note: the fact that the 250 ASX2 is a smaller device than the 500 ASP is not necessarily an indication that ASX2 is a 'lower' level series. The more likely explanation is simply that ASX2 -- being a much newer design than ASP -- uses a higher degree of function integration and smaller geometries than ASP. . . hence yielding that 'shorter signal path' that so many audiophrenes are obsessing over. For one thing, ASX2 appears to be implementing a form of 0 voltage 0 current switching power supply technology which may be new to the ICEpower standard toolkit.

I'll try to post an update later today.

Saluti, G.