The frontier between ''vintage'' and ''junk'' ?

Seems that the word ''vintage'' is used more often than need be.

Once person's vintage may be another's junk, and vice-versa.

Is there a stretching of the word in your opinion ? When can an audio component be classified as true vintage?
sonicbeauty
I would modify that last phrase to: 90% of what is sold as new "will become junk soon enough, the other 10% will go on to become Classics"
Much better 'phrasology'
And since it will all still be sold long after it has stopped being manufactured.. the earlier phrase will ALSO apply:"of 100% of stuff sold" 90% of what is sold as vintage is junk. Perfect see?
We have a Winner! Junk that has become treasure.
The ad for a pair of XXXXXX speakers. 1968 famous.. look closely, chips, damaged.. Hmmm a little rough for the asking price of ONLY $120,000.00
Yes $120,000.00 NOT a misprint. Speakers the dude probably found at a rummage for $100. are being suddenly transformd from "junk" to "Treasured antique". I do not want to get into trouble here for 'dissing' someones ad so just say you gotta search for it. but not many have a price tag like this one.
I always find great deals at thrift stores, usually people get rid of his vintage stuff to buy modern hifi. They didnt know the treasure they got in their hands.