Merrill VERITAS monoblock amplifiers

I'm about to purchase a pair. Just wondering if current owners are still thrilled with there's? It will be replacing reference Coda 15.0 amp. Any replies are much appreciated!
ptheo
Ptheo, please post your thoughts on Merrill's interconnects and speaker cable after you get a chance to try them.
Ptheo, have you had a chance to try the merrill interconnects and speaker cable yet?
Hey Seadogs1!

Now that I have had Merrill Audio ANAP cables(1M & 1.5M) in my system break in for a week, I sat down today to compare to my reference Tara labs the ‘TWO’. I have had the ‘ONE’ in 1/2M in my system as my reference, but since I have installed VERITAS monoblocks which are further away, all I have in 1M is the ‘TWO’.

So, to tell the truth I really love Tara Labs cables & expected it to be better. The ‘ONE’s’ have beaten every other cables I have tried. Until now.

I used my Burmester CD-03 as my reference cd for my comparison as it has a little bit of everything & is one of my better if not the best sounding cd’s I have(better be for $45 bucks!). I played it over & over enjoying it immensely with the ANAP cables thinking the difference won’t be very much & I wanted to be sure to hear the Tara Labs is better once I place it in the system. I was really being biased towards the Tara Labs & was not looking forward to telling Merrill I like the them cables better than his! Boy was I wrong.

Once I place the ‘TWO’ in my system, it was like a blanket over the music. So I wanted to be fair & let them ‘break in’ for a while playing. So I came back 4 hours later, no better/same thing. Not even close as clear/real sounding. I couldn’t believe it, my patent ‘rectangular’ copper Tara Labs where being smoked, no way. I could hear the midrange/treble was better on the ANAP cables, but I was starting to believe the ‘TWO’ bass was better. So I put the ANAP cables back in, not even close. Pitch, punch, decay, was better with the ANAP cables. So from the bass to the treble everything was better! Bravo Merrill!

I will be placing my two pairs of Tara Labs the ‘TWO’ 1M XLR I/C’s on Audiogon for sale.

Review of Merrill’s ANAP speaker cables will be coming soon!