Herron VTSP-3A

Hey guys, I just got this preamp in my system and have only used it for 5 hours. However, I don't have to wait for burn in or more evaluation time to tell this compenent is absolutley outstanding. The VTSP-3A is the new version and it has over 50 changes from the VTSP-3. I got my system sounding really good before the arrival of the Herron, but the Herron has really brought my system to life. Heck, the VTSP-3A has had the most postive impact on about every aspect of sound in my system than any other electonic compenent I have ever bought. I feel like the Herron is letting me hear the potential of everything else in my system. I thought I would make this post since I'm not sure if a lot of people know about Herron. If someone is in the market for a top of the line preamp, they may want to at least consider this one. For the record, I have no affliation with the company, I'm just a VERY happy owner.
128x128kclone
Thanks for the reply. I tried low-gain mod and it is almost as quiet as SS so it may not be the tubes. Mine 3A is brand new only 2 weeks old! I think it goes down to power supply or a mismatch with gain input from power amp. I have same problem with Conrad Johnson P350 and VTSP-2 but there is no low gain option to play with. Going back to 3A, it does have a much fuller body tan 2 and I have to madke do treatments to neutralise the bass. Anyway, my system has raised to another level and I have since been listening to it everynight, this is something I have not done for years!
Hey guys. How about the AC Polarity switch? Do you mess with is much to see if it sounds better in the A or B position?
When I first got my Herron 3A, I listened with the Polarity Switch in each of the A & B settings, determined which was the correct one for the right polarity and have not touched it in two years. I leave it on 24/7 unless I am going to be away from home for an extended period of time.
violin
Guys,

I changed the stock fuses to Hi-FI gold tuning fuses on the power mains for pre and amps and boy did it make a difference. I'm shocked by the increase in bass not to mention sharper more defined images, deeper soundstage and lower floor noise. My next step will be to replace the main fuses on the grid with the new supreme fuses. This $150 change is far superior to $500 power cord change.