Rotel RB1080 vs Odyssey Stratos vs McCormack DNA

I recently purchased a used Rotel RB-1080, but I am not satisfy with it. It has a click sound occasionally due to expansion/contraction because I put it in a tight cabinet, although it doesn't affect my listening, but it bothers me. I am planning to get another amp around $800. I did some research and found 2 candidates - Odyssey Stratos and McCormack DNA-1. It seems both of them are in a different class. However, they also seems to be a lot older, the Rotel I have is 2 yrs old, while I found a 9 yrs old Odyssey for $800, and I believe the McCormack is even older. I believe the capacitors degrade over time, should I keep the newer Rotel, or go for the older Odyssey or McCormack? Which one would you pick?
gte357s
If you have a tight fit in your cabinet, the Odyssey amp is a MONSTER amp. If the Rotel fits tight, the Odyssey might not fit at all.

I agree that either the McCormack or the Odyssey will better your Rotel.
I'd be patient and wait for a DNA-1 with SMc Audio upgrades to appear in the classifieds.

Or, depending on your budget, I'd buy a used DNA-1 and send it to Steve McCormack for an upgrade package.
Yes, good point, I need to check the dimensions. But I also read the Odyssey is supposed to be on 24/7, right? I think people said it is not hot, but does it has a standby mode? Does it consume electricity while it is on "standby"? I am afraid to see additional $30 on my bill even I am not listening.

For the DNA-1, if I send it for upgrade, it seems it will be out of my budget. Plus, it seems it is a much older model ... I am worry of seeing minor problems like popping or clicking noise .. it seems I am a perfectionist.
I am worry of seeing minor problems like popping or clicking noise...
Gte357s (Threads | Answers)
You are not going to experience popping or clicking.

Nevertheless, if you will be more at ease with a newer amplifier, then buy an Odyssey or Rotel.
You can buy a new Odyssey Khartago 110wpc amp for 895.00 NEW direct from Odyssey Audio. I just took delivery of a new Stratos Extreme with both the K board upgrade and cable upgrade this past Thursday. This amp replaced a 2,999.00 Classe Audio amp and even though the amp is still breaking in, it is miles ahead of the Classe. All Odyssey amps have a 20 year warranty as well. I think its a no brainer. BTW, Absolute Sound gave the Khartago amp an excellent review and named it budget product of the year.