Harman Kardon Citation 22 No Love?

I have this Amp, and think it's great. But it doesn't seem to get the recognition it deserves. Just thought I would mention it.
laviathon
Since this thread is about to fall into oblivion. I will comment. Many Solid state amps from the 60's to the 80's were nice amps.They are just not bothered with much anymore.
The only amps from this period that get a lot of attention are tube amps. And the Krell, Levinson and other 'monster' amps. (Not jerkoff "Monster corp" just big amps)
I think you are forgetting a few. Bryston would definitely be one. What about the Yamaha B2. I am trying to think of the Sound Craftsman that is a beast. Not to mention many of the larger integrated Kenwoods from the late 70's. And there are other Amplifiers that would be up there also. So I can't say I agree with this comment.
I think it's just the nature of this boutique site.
Most folks will never pay the prices on here. I have mentioned this site to people looking for nice gear, and they say it's to high. Although I do think there is some competitive pricing on here. I have heard a few high end set ups in my day. The Citation is a nice Amp for the money. Just my two cents.
The Citation line was built of very high quality parts (open one up) and excellent, reliable, musical design. I sold every Mac amp I had (nine) after hearing and buying a Citation 16A 10 years ago. These puppies were hand built and each was listened too prior to shipping. They were also expensive in their day.

I agree that the Citation line doesn't get the credit it deserves and I really don't mind. It just makes those gems more affordable now.

I now listen to a 1977 Citation 17 preamp and the above mentioned 1977 Citation 16A amp. These two components have ended my search for a preamp/amp. I am blissfully happy to be off the trade in/up? treadmill. You won't receive any 'snob' status with your 22, but I bet you're enjoying the music.