Bass: Jolida 502A + Klipsch Forte

I'm running a stock Jolida 502A with a set of '89 Kilpsch Fortes. I'm using lossless audio files on my Macbook Pro to feed a Musical Fidelity V-DAC via S/PDIF as my source.

Snare drums, shakers, horns, and electric guitars all sound fantastic. Acoustic guitars, string instruments, and vocals sound decent. The isolation and soundstage are pretty impressive given what I paid for the system. But...

Bass tracks in most songs sound super quiet, and the little I can hear lacks the depth and tactile quality of the other instruments. I know these speakers are capable of some serious bass: Is there anything I can do to get more bass out of this setup? Mods? New tubes? New crossovers? Better interconnects/cables?
saulgold
Thanks for all the great advice! I'm going to try several of these suggestions and report back with my findings.

Mike, how did you get 30 pounds of sand into the bases? It's an intriguing idea.
When I purchased the speakers five years ago I noticed they seemed a bit heavier than the spec'd 56 lbs. I decided to weigh them and they tipped the scale at 85 lbs. I noticed they had plywood flush and screwed into the base. I began to remove the plywood out of curiosity and found it was sealed with caulk. After doing a search at the Klipsch website, I found pictures and details on the mod. It appears that I own the speakers that were pictured on the website. Funny thing - the seller apparently had no idea. I picked them up locally and while he and I loaded them in the car, we both commented on how heavy they were.

Since I have no comparison with the speakers prior to this mod, I can only assume that it has helped with bass response.
Im selling a pair forte 2 , about the bass? Im running a Audionics cc3 power amp and the bass is absolutely stunning!!
Very smooth , warm and and they just sound huge!!