Can a new Cambridge 540p be so loud?

I just got my restored Dual 1219 with new old stock shure v15 type 2 up and running. I am running it through the cambridge 540p and can't believe the rumble. Ground for the Dual is fine and I checked with another turntable (which is 3 times louder). Is it possible that the Cambridge is this loud?
markus1
If you like the sound of the 540P, maybe you should consider upgrading to a 640P, it has a rumble/subsonic filter.
What does this filter do to the rest of the signal? The signal sounds just fine but this rumble just sucks! The way the tt sounds now I can't even listen to it. Would loading the money gun help or is this just a flaw in the tt?
There is no comparison between the 540 and 640. The 640 is way better (I own one). You need to try a different phono stage before throwing more money at the problem. I love the 640 but your table may have issues with Cambridge?
I have this rumble isolated to the idler pulley. I will wait for parts before I mess around with the phono stage. This does not have anything to do with the 540p.