Wyred 4 Sound STP Special Edition Vs. Pass X-1

Does anyone know how these two stack up against each other? The pros and cons. How does the quality of bass, midrange, trebil, soundstage etc. compare?
Thanks for your input!
128x128srwooten
The Pass X1 is as good as what you put into it. It is one of the best SS pres under $10 grand IMHO. The Pass definitely does not add anything to the music. It is very neutral and quiet. I have not heard the Wyred4sound. The Pass X1 was made for many years and did win many awards. last I looked it was still being used by Nelson Pass at the shows with the First Watt amps. Also, not too long ago I was going to trade in my X1 and the dealer said he would give me what I paid for it, no questions asked. It got me thinkin if you know what I mean.
Joule-Electra does not advertise in TAS, yet in March issue Harry Pearson awarded its LA-300ME preamp "2010 HP Editor Choice" Award - so, at least for TAS, we should not be that cynical...
i went threw a bunch of pre's a while back, trying to determine which was the best fit for my system. agree with Tzh21y here. the X1 was the most neutral and added/took away nothing from the music. did not try anything from Wyred4sound but bel canto, krell, and a few others were in the mix. was very undecided until the X1 got plugged in. slam dunk for me here. aside from the rather lame remote control functions....i'm very happy with the choice.

if you have a good source and want to hear every bit of it... the X1 is fantastic imho.

btw....although i didn't compare the two, i've read the newer X1's with the full size power supply are "better" then the older versions with the smaller/black box power supply.

cheers
Lev
Now you got me thinking. I was interested as well regarding the wyred for sound pre. But owning the x350.5 I guess I should be looking at what seems to be the best piece of audio gear I've purchased. A pass product. Just having baby though, I'm scared to see the cost of ownership.