tying in yamaharxv-665w/adcomgfa555as 2 channel

originaly had the yammi w/ klipsch h/t set up. All worked well but when bumping up the sound things got hot and decided to go back in time w/ 2 channel system. I got an Adcom gfa665 beast 220w and some infinitys for the time being. Trouble is yamaha has locked out and I have no volume control or other functions for that matter.I asked Yammi about 50 times if this was possible and now they say I MIGHT NEED seperate pre-amp w/ controls. Clearly not an audiophile here , but could use some advice on resolving this .
lewdworet
I believe you were doing something wrong still. You have to make sure to connect to the pre outs on the Yamaha and not the multi-channel inputs. It's an easy mistake.
to Rwwear, BELIEVE ME i TRIED THE PRE-OUTS ON THE Yamaha, and I GOT SOUND , sound enough so I thought I blew the Infinitys. Luckally I shut it down in time and again called Yamaha who clearly stated yes we have a zone2 which I used earlier before I got the adcom. After much debate and testyness it comes out that if you want to control the Adcom it should have volume controls. This whole deal was so I didn't have to get another pre-amp as cheap as it was. So yes I tried the pre-out jacks but it does not work.
Are you saying you used the multichannel outs not the zone two outs and you had no volume adjustment?
not exactly, when h/u from adcom to preout of yamaha Ihad no control of anything. the guy who wants me to ty into the fronts is off the mark. I wanted to keep h/t totally
seperate from my new 2channel speakers. Again Yamaha was no help and just said you need a pre-amp to work the infinitys. this is not what I was originally told. Anyway I did get an onkyopre-amp for $20 so all in all it wasn't that bad. Now Ihave h/t w/ my small Klipschs and 2 channel w/ the adcom -onkyo-infinitys. That's the only way I did it.If someone would walk me through another way I'll listen
If you are using zone 2 then it makes sense you will need a preamp. But if you use the multichannel outs you should not need a pre. For the latter you would just use the front channels and set the receiver for stereo mode when using the Adcom. Of course using zone 2 is better most of the time if you now have a preamp.