Anyone compared BAT Rex vs. Atmasphere MP-1?

Obviously, there is a big price difference between the two(not as big used). But, these two are likely to be in the top of the true balanced, fully differential, reference preamps available.

I'm mostly interested in the sonic differences anyone would have noticed switching between the two in their own system.
darkmoebius
Just to add my 2cents for this duscussion..

I'm a happy owner of BAT 52SE (a "little brother" of REX). I would also describe this "house sound" as breathing transients, superb textures and very resolving. Nothing compared with usual "tube coloration" as probably one likes. Just pure music window... It's so amazing clean in my system even with relatively cheap Proak D15 speakers.

Never read an average review for REX - it is outstanding always.
Maybe Victor's business partner can provide a view on the MP-1. This thread seems to be heavily biased towards the BAT...
"Maybe Victor's business partner can provide a view on the MP-1. This thread seems to be heavily biased towards the BAT..."

Hello Rob,

Besides BAT making some of (IMO) best sounding components your money can buy they also set the example of class and professionalism. I've never once seen Victor or the other principals of BAT use a public forum for self promotion.

If Victor responds to a thread about BAT equipment it is always factual and technical, and its intent is meant to be truly helpful. No subjective opinion on he feels his components sound, especially compared to his competitors.

My apologies if this too far off from the original subject matter.

best,
Tom
I love that BAT owners love their BAT gear, and the discussion
of the technical issues and contributions by both Victor and
Ralph have been marvelous to read, but I still see no comment
by anyone who has listened to both the BAT Rex and the Atma-
Sphere MP-1. For my part, I've only listened to the Atma-
Sphere MP-1 and the BAT VK-51SE, and not in the same systems.

Can anyone address the original question?
I know MP-1 well in my own system into modded BAT VK75SE and Merlins, and at CES heard BAT Rex preamp into BAT Rex monoblocks and Wilson Shashas. A minor case of penis envy.