Mapletree Audio versus Decware preamps

Has anyone been able to compare these two low-cost, tube preamps? They seem to be desinged by folks that know what they are doing.
pubul57
Rockadanny,

If I am not mistaken, you have owned the Mapletree pre for sometime now. That says something right there...
Finsup,

Yes. Products not up to my idea of good sound get the ziggy quickly. As soon as I dropped the Mapletree into my system I could tell it was special (for me/ my system). Clear, relaxed, full sound. I've yet been tempted to have it replaced and the funny thing is, it is THE least expensive piece (retail) in my whole system.

Separate power supply, point-to-point wiring, simple yet well engineered circuit with schematics provided, sensitive to tube rolling, great sound, cool looks, personal contact with helpful and personable designer/builder before the sale for proper customization, and well after sale customer service, 30 day trial ... all for well under $1k new. What's not to like?
Ordered a 2A SE from Dr. Lloyd - RCA Red and Black trim, Blackgate capacitor upgrade - simply seems like a 0 BS product. I've owned some the finest and most expensive preamps, and I'm very curious to see how this $840 with shipping designed a Professor of Electrical Engineering and an audiophile stacks up against the 5-10K stuff. I suspect I will be pleasantly suprised.
So far, I can say that Dr. Peppard (Mapletree) has been a real pleasure to talk to; reminds me a bit of Roger Modjeski (Music Reference / RAM Labs) in the credibility of what he says and why he does things they way he does.